The New York School Bus Contractors Association is an organization comprising of more than one hundred school transportation service companies with the primary mission of promoting safe, reliable and cost-effective student transportation in New York State.
This Week's Industry Highlights & Reminders
- STARTS Task Force issues report: A joint effort among the National School Transportation Association (NSTA), the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT), and the National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services (NASDPTS), through the Student Transportation Aligned for Return To School, or STARTS Task Force, recently completed a two month project that culminated in the release of a 70-page report that outlines 27 guidelines to assist with transportation decisions as, schools plan for a return to the classroom this fall.
- School Bus Contractors Included in New $10B Coronavirus Economic Relief Bill
- ReOpening New York Checklist for Pre-K to Grade 12 PART ONE which includes a 10-page document discussing: Social Distancing and Face Coverings, Gatherings and Operational Activities, Hygiene Cleaning and Disinfection, Communication & Screening and Tracking (added 7/23/2020)
- ReOpening New York Checklist for Pre-K to Grade 12 PART TWO which includes a 6-page document discussing: Core Principles and Definitions, Reopening Protocols and Procedures, Monitoring Protocols and Procedures, Containment Protocols and Procedures & Closure/Contingency Plans (added 7/23/2020)
- NYSED'S "Recovering, Rebuilding, and Renewing: The Spirit of New York’s Schools - Reopening Guidance" which includes the 145-page ReOpening School Guidance, updated FAQs (as of 7/22/2020) & its press release from 7/16/2020
- NYSBCA's Annual Convention is going VIRTUAL! Save the new dates: October 14-15th, 9:30am - 1:30pm
- School Bus Fast Facts!
NYSBCA Partners with BUSING on the LOOKOUT
Human traffickers are counting on people not paying attention and not knowing the signs to look for or the questions to ask. If every bus driver and employee could be trained to identify the signs of human trafficking and how to report it effectively, imagine how many victims could be recovered and, potentially, how many traffickers could be arrested! CLICK HERE for free training for your next Safety Meeting. Watch the training video, download the wallet card, brochures and posters. CLICK HERE for a new toolkit.