The New York School Bus Contractors Association is an organization comprising of more than one hundred school transportation service companies with the primary mission of promoting safe, reliable and cost-effective student transportation in New York State.
NYSBCA's NYS Safety Competition Winners
2019 Rookie Driver of the Year goes to Marlon Forrester, Towne Bus
Conventional Bus, type C:
- First Place - Cynthia Peters, Huntington Coach Corp.
- Second Place - Karen Lucadamo, Suffolk Transportation Service
- Third Place - Woody Rexford, Rolling V Bus Corp.
- Fourth Place - Joyce Olenick, We Transport / Towne Bus
- Fifth Place - Adene DuBois, We Transport
Small Bus, type A:
- First Place - Marlon Forrester, Towne Bus
- Second Place - Yvenson Maignan, Chestnut Ridge Transportation - Spring Valley
- Third Place - Shannon Darragh, We Transport / Towne Bus
- Fourth Place - Charmaine Noronha, Suffolk Transportation Service
- Fifth Place - James J. Baumer, We Transport
Transit Bus, type D:
- First Place - Jose Torres, We Transport / Towne Bus
- Second Place - Dan Farley, Quality Bus / Durham School Services
- Third Place - Ralph Stephens, Rolling V Bus Corp.
- Fourth Place - Jenny Reinoso, Suffolk Transprtation Service
- Fifth Place - Joseph Cherubin, Chestnut Ridge Transportation - Pomona
To view all safety competition scores, click here.