The New York School Bus Contractors Association is an organization comprising of more than one hundred school transportation service companies with the primary mission of promoting safe, reliable and cost-effective student transportation in New York State.
This Week's Industry Highlights & Reminders
It's a great time to join (or renew) New York School Bus Contractors Association. Membership runs from January through December.
- School Bus Fast Facts!
- New York Employment Legislation Update: What’s New for 2020 New York will see a slew of new labor laws in 2020 which may have a substantial impact on employers in the state. Businesses in New York should plan ahead and prepare to adjust their employment policies and practices accordingly.
- Annual Random Controlled Substances Testing Percentage Rate for Calendar Year 2020 FMCSA announces that it is increasing the minimum annual percentage rate for random controlled substances testing for drivers of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL) from the current rate of 25 percent of the average number of driver positions to 50 percent of the average number of driver positions, effective in calendar year 2020.
- Are you ready for these payroll changes in 2020? As we embark upon 2020, numerous payroll changes await. Among them are FICA taxes, Form W-4, state taxes, employee benefits, minimum wage, overtime, paid sick leave, and the quadrennial leap year.
- New York State’s Minimum Wage Updates Employers in New York will be required to comply with the new state minimum wage rates and the new state salary thresholds to qualify for the executive and administrative exemptions, effective December 31, 2019.
- 2020 Advertising Opportunities